The golden visa in Portugal is designed to encourage investment from non-EU/EFTA nationals. The Portuguese golden visa offers a fast-track to obtaining a residency permit in Portugal, alongside other benefits, for non-EU investors who invest a minimum amount as defined by law. Since the launch of the golden visa programme’s in 2012, more than 4,200 Portuguese golden visas have been given out, representing more than EUR 2.5 billion investment in the country.
Golden visa in Portugal: requirements
Any non-EU/EFTA national can apply for apply for a golden visa in Portugal, or Portuguese investor visa, provided they make at least one of the investments below, either as an individual business person or via a business set up in Portugal or another EU member state.
- Capital transfer of at least EUR 1 million into Portugal
- The creation of at least 10 job positions in Portugal
- The purchase of real estate property in Portugal worth at least EUR 500,000
- Investment of at least EUR 250,000 in Portuguese arts, culture and heritage
- Investment of at least EUR 500,000 in small and medium businesses in Portugal.
Portugal’s investor visa covers shareholders of companies already set up in Portugal, or in another EU state with a stable residence in Portugal and tax obligations fulfilled. The investment established for the golden visa has to be maintained for a minimum of five years from the date when the Portuguese golden visa is established.
10 rue Lavoisier
tel.: +33 6 89 98 32 05